Wargaming Screws New Players with Bogus Refer-a-friend Program

1. Scorpiany says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was completely intentional. What shocks me about it is that they continue shooting themselves in the foot. They lost so many customers because they’ve been dishonest and deceitful to their playerbase. They’re struggling financially, and overall the company is losing their paying customers at an alarming rate.

It should make so much more sense for them to try to rebuild that fractured trust. But instead they keep taking the route of trying to make a quick buck and cash in now, at the detriment of their players, customers, and of course their own company in the long term. Even if they’re desperate, surely they can’t be so clueless as to think that they’ll survive in the long run pulling shit like this.

But despite all logic, despite all sensible action, they just keep fucking up. Whether it’s intentional or due to complete incompetence, they keep fucking things up more and more.

For some reason I keep hoping that they’ll begin improving themselves at some point. It’s pretty clear that if they don’t they won’t last all that much longer; especially here in NA where the server population is dwindling faster than any other server. It’s a shame. I like the game, but I hate how WarGaming is running it, and as a result themselves, into the ground.

Did you read our banking article?

When you’re essentially flat fucking broke and every investment you’ve made has flat out failed, you don’t have time to rebuild trust. You have to do whatever you can to get a dollar to keep your lifestyle going.

World of Tanks was the only thing Wargaming ever really made that was a winner. That’s why it got fucked the hardest and milked to the point where now it just puffs out dust from time to time.

3. Scorpiany says:

I did read the banking article. I guess the time for rebuilding trust has passed years ago by now. They’ve put themselves in a cycle of digging a hole deeper and just throwing the dirt behind them. That’s all going to come caving in above them at some point though… And they’re getting closer and closer to reaching that point.

Well, I wish I could say I’m surprised, but I’m not.

You know, from the time I started playing the game back in 2012, things like this simply didn’t happen. About the worst thing they ever did was schedule an update and it would take longer than they said, or it would start an hour earlier or later than expected.

I can remember when that was the biggest gripe on the forums: updates and times. “They said it would take 2 hours and it’s already been 2 hours and 34 minutes!” – that was the typical gripe.

Now, it seems that every single month there’s some sort of bogus event like this that happens. It’s been nothing but highly suspect for the last few years now.

It’s what happens when you begin to believe your own hype. You finally get a winning game idea together so suddenly you believe you can win at banking and real estate and wine and pretty much everything else.

And then it ultimately turns out that all you were good at was an idea for a tank game. It’s a shame, really.

They did the same thing to Warships as well, which I hate because I truly loved that game far more than I ever liked Tanks. Now, I have an account worth 600 dollars I can’t even sell for 200. Nobody is even remotely interested anymore in anything from Wargaming.

Each day, I kid you not, I half expect to see people flooding reddit, Twitter, Facebook and even this place with the news that none of the servers are up and none of the Websites or Forums are there either.

It’ll just be gone. Just like that.

Dude, I’m willing to bet that’s EXACTLY what happens. There wont be any announcement, no farewell, no go fuck yourselves, it’ll just be fucking gone.

“it’ll just be fucking gone”
    Truer words were never spoken

This little clip ^ can illustrate how the players have been screwed over the years. Each and every step of the way every single patch that was released, there was always a boobie trap waiting behind just about everything.

Edited to embed clip by Thing 1

LMMFAO!!! That’s fucking brilliant!