Wargaming Austin – A First Look

My oh my how the mighty have fallen. My wife’s company is bigger than that and in a much nicer building. That looks like something that would house a walk-in clinic at best.

2. Donward says:

I guess there’s more than one thing bombing in Austin these days.

Yup Bad Russian Management.

I wouldn’t be surprised it the women in the his FB page is not the female in question whom has her info all blacked out, is the other person ? He probably has married another employee ? (Theory) It would most likely figure possibly? Given how this operation works.

So, the number has now risen from 117 up to 124 now ? Um…

They are prepared for the entire NA to eventually fall off the face of the Earth, what is left of it, that is.

5. Mr_Alex says:

I’d say WOWS and WOT NA server’s days are limited now

LOL @ Donward.

That was so bad it was good.

7. ccyen says:

Of course,I don’t want to sit in a office and have any chance to see a player lost 10+ games in a row,waving his handgun in the air and yelling $%@#[email protected]#………^^

You realize he can still just sit in the parking lot and shoot your ass through the window or on your way out, don’t you?

I wonder if the new hires want a union? That could prove interesting…

“Have you ever felt exploited by the game industry? Are you in a precarious situation? No job stability and in desperate need of support? Are you losing hope that you can work in a landscape you love at all?
    Welcome to Game Workers Unite!”

It’ll never fucking happen. Unions are a thing of the past outside the actors guild.

I posted about WoT is dead/dying… well showed them the picture of Austin office though I removed the swear word.

12. Beornotns says:

With sheer and total respect, considering how long Warplanes has dragged along with 3 digit numbers, saying that Warships and Tanks will die off in NA is jumping the (not-allowed-into-the-facility) gun a bit, ain’t it?

~B

@ Beornotns.

Not at all. The definition of a “dead company, Also known as a Zombie corporation” is when a organization loses relevance in their sphere of influence. There are plenty of Zombie corporations with a name brand still doing business today. Circuit City and Montgomery Wards are two examples that comes to mind.

The dis information and miss information that WG has thrown out in the years about how exactly large they are is telling that they were not that large in the first place.

I do think that when the all of the leases goes… and I think Washington state will be the next one to shutter their doors… WG will simply run everything in Minsk and scrape by…

But you NEVER… EVER… rape your golden goose of your player base (the NA) and expect to go far in whatever you do. In Western Europe overall, they are almost a stingy as they are in Eastern Europe.

And if this old biker can survive in some of the most competitive retail markets in this world you better expect a company that had hundreds of millions of assets could do the same…

They did not and I can not tell you nor express on how fucked up that really, really is… People lost their jobs because of their fuck ups.. From Minsk

Because they did not have the decency nor the common business sense to take advantage of their business surroundings.

Some of those guys don’t even understand what the real concept of what a union is really for in the first place. I’ve belonged to 4 different Unions in my life, been on strike twice, even with violence, rocks flying, walking picket line, trying to hold back an 18 wheeler from coming through a gate with a load, fist fights broke out, yes the wild times of unionizing in right-to-work-for-less states. All established since the days of Taft-Hartley and beyond.

Too bad we have lost what we taught the Germans and the rest of the Europeans post WWII. Now they have about 57% Union membership nationwide where ours is around approximately 9% ? Now, wonder corporate runs the country by the nose.

@ Beornotns – you have to remember the games are all hosted on the same server cluster, so it doesn’t really cost them any more to run them all than to run just one. World of Warplanes is a freebie for them.

@ Charlie – that’s about spot on. Look at Toys R Us. I can’t remember the last time I went into that store. I know it’s been at least 10 years. Places like Amazon have made them redundant. They are now filing bankruptcy and will soon disappear forever. The fact that they still have stores open doesn’t change the fact that in effect, they’re already gone.

16. landedkiller says:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/154176-new-wargaming-office-in-austintexas/ wargaming looking for any excuse to close a thread. Wow they are even more acting like corned rats these days.

And you’re surprised by that how exactly?

I know. I feel your pain man, but come on. You had to know they’d lock that shit up quick.

18. landedkiller says:

It was up a day before they locked it up so I should have expected them to lock it up sooner or later. The reddit post is up still though https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/85sygi/wargaming_office_in_austin_texas/

19. Beornotns says:

Will ANYONE from their CA office make the trek to TX? I don’t think so…

@ Everyone. You know, that’s more proof that no one from the Emeryville office will be going. Look at the “Size of that office on the end.” That is not large enough to fit hardly anyone to begin with! Much less 224 people from Emeryville getting shit canned! 😛

And all of those signs about no fire arms!! Jesus…! You know I think they are worried about “Angry Blow Back” from pissed off customers coming down there to hunt them down like filthy dogs! 😛 I think someone is worried about disgruntled unstable employees, or some of those angry, mentally ill players, walking in with a loaded rifle shooting the place up, over that damn asshole Match Maker of theirs !!

I can hear it now. ” Take this you FUCKS !! I paid good fucking money for Tier 8’s and you feed them to tier X’s all day long, and I don’t make shit! So Victor Kisyli can fuck women all day long on his yacht, and stay drunk ? Eat lead you son-of-a-Bitches !! pow, pow, pow, pow, pow…!!!” 🙂

CNN: Austin, Tx Engraged gamer open fires on Wargaming office, over a dispute about a “rigged Match Maker” in the companies video game, “World of Tanks.” Suspect open fire and annihilated several employees, shot up the office, destroyed server equipment, and employees from Russia were among the dead. Suspect attempted to take cover from police in a display tank in the office with his rifle pointed out the turret of the tank yelling. “Don’t worry RNG will make your shots miss me, and I’ve got stalinium armor too!” Police finally had to kill the suspect. One officer reported the suspect uttering his last words, ” Rigged again, GD Wargaming !! “

You know, one could easily construe that post as a veiled terroristic threat.

But, we know better don’t we.
    Apparently, WG seems concerned for some reason, doesn’t it ? But, atleast we are the sane people here who always reported all the terrorist, death threat makers, violence makers in the game, and always made tickets to Wargaming countless times forever. And Wargaming never took any of it seriously. They even blew off all of our reports, and said, “ So what, you’ll have to contact someone etc. “ they never took anything serious, ever.

Proof of that is, everyone is gone now.

Nothing would surprise me anymore, nothing. The sad thing is, it would be their own fault, for being the bastards they are.

Hell, probably the ones who do it, would most likely be their own employees shit canned from the Emeryville office getting thrown out of thier house real soon most likely ??

** But officially for the record, there is no know terrorist activity that I am aware of directed toward WG offices what so ever. If I knew of any, it would be by duty to report it to some one. **

But as I stated, “Wargaming has stepped on a lot of people along it’s path, and nothing would surprise me, given the latest events, and the times we live in. That alone should give any business organization reflective thought enough to realize, it’s good to treat everyone well whom you do business with in an ethical, meaningful way, both your customers, players, and your own employees, and the different locations around the world.

But from what we have experienced in our dealings from a customer standpoint unfortunately that has not always been the case. And some people are not always fully in control of their senses, or mentally stable, or able to control their behavior. Perhaps, sociopaths, psychopaths, enraged, etc. Weapons are always available in society. Look at recent months these in the news. ( just saying )

Outside of that, why would they have that on the wall? Would it be because someone from the Emeryville office is protesting that they will not come because of Texas fire arms open carry laws?

Do Wargaming employees from Russia not like or are afraid of Americans having fire arms around them like that? Wargaming trying to call the shots again? ( no pun intended )

25. PrinzEugen85 says:

Nothing spells “Our critics were wrong” than operating out of an old dentists office. Smh.