Five Reasons World of Tanks Fails

1. Meatslab says:

After writing this post, I got to thinking about how much money I have paid to Wargaming. So, I decided to add it up. From 8/06/2011 I have, what I used to refer to as invested, over 2589.00 US dollars. Now it just feels like I wasted 2589.00 US Dollars. This includes the 500.00 dollars I spent to travel to events.

That’s a shitload of money. I’m nowhere NEAR that level. I might be in it for 150 bucks total. I’m still pissed off.

To be fair though, they did offer anybody that bought the Super Pershing a full gold refund if they wanted it. You had 30 days to test drive the tank after they changed it and if you didn’t like it they’d credit you the gold.

So that one I can let go. The rest? Not so much.

Another fine article, man!

And apparently, you can use #MAGA (Millionaire Asshole Golfing Again) on the forums but a response with #covfefe gets you a verbal warning.

So to add to wg’s failures list: alt-right OK, everyone else not.

No shit, partner. You can be a Nazi, no problem…but post opposition to being a racist prick and you’re done for.

Post an acronym that is an intentional insult and it’s OK. Post a word that is, literally, gibberish and you get nailed.

Stupidity squared.

The moderation has never been right. But that happens when you never change it. All they do is make new accounts and start all over like it’s somebody new.

It’s so obvious it’s laughable. They post complete junk and make so many bad calls that they lose all credibility. Once they do, they just “reroll” an admin/mod account and start all over again.

They all probably have so many alt admin accounts they can’t keep track of them.

And one more small point:

Probably the biggest debacle Wargaming ever pulled was against TD players. Back when Vlad first got me into the game, he played Russian TD’s almost exclusively.

Now, the weird thing was that he was a better player than I was, but we couldn’t figure out why I was rated so much higher than he was.

For over a year that carried on. People hurled all kinds of insults at him saying, “Learn to play” and all that junk.

Then, of course, Wargaming dropped the bombshell on everybody: They had rewarded TD players 25% less base XP from the very start.

So all those people that played TD’s for the first 3 years of the game got screwed. Hard. He never really got over that. It’s a big reason he finally just gave up and quit nearly two years ago now.

Yes, Alt-Right politics 100% totally allowed on NA forum. Agregious outright, despicable, flagrant condoned Pro-Trump, GOP, or pro Russian slanted politics toallly protected. However, even the slightest preposition used, inadvertently left of center, or a generic term the….. Insta __ Strike !!! 🙁
    It’s as if Steve Bannon and Putin both are moderators on the forum !! With Wot Labs as their humble slaves pulling the levers !

The moderation is a massive failing reason.

8. PrinzEugen85 says:

I never knew that Gomez, it certainly explains a lot. I wish I knew someone with a time machine and tell myself not to bother back then.

So do a lot of people, I’m sure. I don’t think they ever meant to really tell anybody. I think it was accidentally put in the patch notes because it really did cause an uproar.

I can’t for the life of me remember which patch it was though. I know it was quite a while ago though.